Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tips for admission in mid-high tier college in US for undergrad studies, as an intl. Indian student

2»

Replies to: Tips for admission in mid-high tier college in US for undergrad studies, as an intl. Indian student

• XSiege999XSiege999 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    Can I get in by initially declaring Economics as my major, and then add another major (i.e CS)?
  • XSiege999XSiege999 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 38,560 Senior Member
    Only at Universities that do not admit by major. That would mostly be private universities, plus a few universities where you can apply "undecided" and selection for the major is not competitive (IE., all undecided students with the required grades get into major).
    At most public universities you must declare a major when you apply, then you're admitted to that specific major, and it's very difficult to switch.
    Look at the conditions to switch from a major to another at Lehigh, Northeastern, Villanova, Stevens, Fordham, SMU, WPI.
    You can apply and switch with no hurdle at Union, Lafayette, Triniry, Centre, Franklin and Marshall, Dixjinson, St Olaf, St Lawrence, Bucknell, Wooster, Wabash, Earlham.
    Among public universities, you can apply undecided and switch to CS later at UFlorida, Penn State (called "DUS"), and Miami Ohio.
2»
This discussion has been closed.