right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

what colleges can I get into?

MedproniaMedpronia 8 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
hey y'all, I'm currently a student in India (11th grade) and I'm interested in attending a college in the US. I lived there for a couple years until I moved back to India in 10th grade. I can predict that my average GPA would be around 3.5-3.6 range throughout my high school career. as for extracurricular's, I was in a couple honor societies, did community service, etc. I haven't taken the SAT yet but as I did take the PSAT in 9th grade I'm hoping I can aim for a 1200-1400 range. with all that in mind, what colleges should I apply to in the states as an international applicant? my major I wish to do is either environmental science or communications.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: what colleges can I get into?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 41270 replies445 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 41,715 Senior Member
    Your main limit will be budget. How much can your parents pay?
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12745 replies167 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12,912 Senior Member
    As a full-pay international student you can get into hundreds of good colleges and universities. If you need financial aid, that's a WHOLE different story.

When international students look at studying in the US, the FIRST item they have to think about is money. And make application decisions based on money as well. Grades, scores are really secondary issues.
    · Reply · Share