Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Missed exams

harshalpatel93harshalpatel93 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
edited July 2010 in India
Hey everyone this question is preferably 4 someone who understands the ISC system. Basically in class XI I'd chosen science. But after around 4 months I felt that I would do better with commerce and therefore asked my school principal for a switch. He agreed, but I'd timed it to close to my 1st terminal exams (a week before, to be precise). He allowed the switch, but on the condition that the I would not take the exams for the new subjects I would have (commerce and accounts). I would give the exams for my continuing subjects (maths,economics,english and environmental education) and my year's cumulative for the two subjects i was taking up late would be only my 2nd terminal marks, my absence for the first term exam would not be factored. Basically if i got 85 in accounts and commerce in the 2nd term, my year's cumulative would be 85. Now on class XI my report there's "absent" written for these two in the 1st term column. What do i do about this??? How do I explain this to colleges?? Additionally, I'd also like to know whether class IX and X transcripts are also supposed to be sent.
Post edited by harshalpatel93 on

Replies to: Missed exams

This discussion has been closed.