Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Looking for Financial Aid as an International Transfer Student

kyleleekylelee Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
edited January 2012 in International Students
Hello All!

My name is Kyle Lee and I am looking to transfer Fall 2012 as a physics major. I have been living in the State for 10 years now, but I still happen to be an international student. My parents are having difficult time financing me even for CC, and thus I was looking to receive financial aid from univ when I transfer.

Can you guys please help me and let me know if there is any univ. that suits me and that will provide me with assistance?

Little bit about myself.

Major: Physics
Ethnicity: South Korean
High School GPA: 3.89 (out of 4.0)

College GPA: 3.9815 (out of 4.0 . 1 B in 1 unit music major class... why did I take it. haha)

SAT I: 610/750/700 (CR/Math/Writing).
Planning to take one more time Jan 28th.

SAT II: Physics - 800, Math IIC - 800

Recommendations : really good

Extracurricular activities : Hired at my college to work as Physics and Math Tutor for about 2 years now, amateur astronomer, do research on binary star and will have publication very soon, physics club founder/president (though it is not yet officially registered at school), astrophotography (take images of stellar objects), will also be starting research on dark matter at UCI starting Jan, played in wedding band as a guitarist, theater performance in front of 20,000, outreach to show community the night sky through telescope

Volunteer service : educating public about the Bible. 3,300 hrs so far since high school.

AP exams : AP Calculus BC - 4, AP Calculus AB - 5, AP Comp. Sci AB - 4, AP Comp. Sci A - 4, AP Physics B - 3 (I wasn't thinking about Physics major back then.haha), AP World History - 3

Other facts: first generation college student, f-1 visa holder, will be transferring as a Junior.

I really love learning, and I wish to continue learning and eventually obtain research doctorate. I hope I can find a way to continue to pursue my education.

Thank you so much for taking your interest and time to read this. I hope to receive some kind replys. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Kyle
Post edited by kylelee on

Replies to: Looking for Financial Aid as an International Transfer Student

This discussion has been closed.