Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Northeastern university, CONFUSED

AmbitiousARAmbitiousAR Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited November 2013 in International Students
Please recommend me if Northeastern uni is good for me I want to pursue a career in business, with concentration in finance. Since i am an international student I ll have to pay a lot to study here. Please tell me if the edu and co-up would cover the costs i put in and if its really worth it.
I have to choose between either james medison, NU, University of Massachussets or Colorado State University. Looking forward for anyone's assistance in this matter. I ll really appreciate your comments.
Post edited by AmbitiousAR on

Replies to: Northeastern university, CONFUSED

• katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 12,565 Senior Member
    What do you mean "tell me if the edu and co-op would cover the costs" ? I hope you're not expecting co-op to help you pay tuition. Even high-paying co-ops will net a fraction of the cost of studying at NEU and living in Boston (which is one of the most expensive cities in the U.S.)

Since you are an international student expected to return to your own country after graduation, you need to ask yourself which school will help you to get a job IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.

NEU will give you a nice resume, with some nice-sounding co-ops. On the other hand, it's also possible to get internships if you study at the Univ. of Massachusetts or Colorado State.

I live in Colorado but frankly would recommend you focus on NEU and Mass. They're in/near much bigger urban centers where it would be easier to get a finance-related co-op/internship.
  • AmbitiousARAmbitiousAR Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    no I mean how much can I earn from the co-ops and if during study I do a part time job, probably on campus?

Secondly, is university transfer easy from NEU ? like if I wouod want to a more prestigious, highly ranked business school I.e the one of Michigan uni etc

And thanks for your comment.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 40,186 Senior Member
    There is (basically) no financial aid available for international transfers. So choose your school carefully. :)
This discussion has been closed.