Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What should I do?

13»

Replies to: What should I do?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 40,186 Senior Member
    Considering your screenname is AbuBakar I would not have Yeshiva on that list.

Just a question: have you looked at the lists suggested above? And have you looked at costs?

Stevens and Colorado are matches, not safeties, but they're outside your price range. Everything else on your list is either a reach or unaffordable.

Start with the regional universities and colleges to find safeties and matches, then add a a few national universities and colleges.
  • sahihosahisahihosahi Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    I suggest you not to send your score.
    Actually that SAT score isn't bad for some schools and would strengthen the application if it's so-so in other ways, but NOT to these schools.
  • AbuBakar24AbuBakar24 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    Just a question: have you looked at the lists suggested above? And have you looked at costs?
    what list?? im actually chinese ... haha... btw which are unaffordable and reach???
    see #27 - you have enough there to make a list of 25 universities.

Read about each.
    Look at costs and application deadlines.
    I doubt your final list will include Yeshiva (even if you're Chinese from Malaysia)
    why yeshiva doesnt like chinese or malaysian lol? btw the list re abit too low for my parents... :( i'll find the suitable 1... thanks alot for helping seriously!!
    Yeshiva, like BYU, Catholic University of America, Pepperdine, or Baylor, is a university meant in particular for the members of a religion, so that they can continue growing in their faith while studying a major. It's not a matter of the university "liking" a certain nationality, it's just not very well-suited if you're not a member of that faith.
    hmmm... tell for telling me that. I'm considering that because it's in NYC and part of Columbia Engineering Program
    thanks for telling
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information. Use the method I told you about (US News World Report Rankings, national universities, regional universities, etc), then read the description for each, go to their website, etc.
    Yeshiva isn't part of Columbia and it's not a college of engineering....
    It's not part of Columbia... This is what is called "3+2" - you get a totally separate experience on a campus, in a science/math major, then you "transfer" to Columbia from that college to finish your engineering degree. It also exists in 4+1 (more interesting in my opinion) from Bryn Mawr/Haverford and Penn. All of those plans are accessible in 4+2 with Columbia though.
    You could attend Adelphi, Allegheny, Centenary of LA, Earlham, Eckerd, Elon, Loyola Chicago, Nebraska Wesleyan, Pacific Lutheran, St John Fisher, U Puget Sound, Ursinus, Wells, Willamette... and participate in the 3+2 with Columbia, without these universities to be part of Columbia and without attending a seriously faith-based university - although Loyola, Nebraska Wesleyan, Pacific Lutheran, St John Fisher ..., are related to a religion, they do not require the deep faith commitment that Yeshiva (or others) require of their students.
    (I picked those because they're accessible with your scores, some would be matches and the others safeties)
13»
This discussion has been closed.