Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

imperial college vs HKUST?

kisscomputer1996kisscomputer1996 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2013 in International Students
Hello, everyone

I'm a Chinese senior high student and would like to study computer science in university. I have applied for Imperial and I think the result will be hopeful. And now I'm a little confused about if I should apply for HKUST.

A senior of mine entered Imperial this year, and he said that the computer science(computing) in Imperial is really excellent (He's not that major). I also like the British culture very much, and I think my English level can be improved significantly there. But I've checked QS ranking, and I found in this field HKUST(no.13) ranks higher than IC(no.18). I just don't know if there are big differences of teaching level and study environment between these two universities.

Another problem is the fee. I've heard that the tuition fee and living cost are really high in Britain, but it only needs 3 years for undergraduate study, while HKUST needs 4 years. And I also think saving a year for study is important.

I would be very thankful if you could give your thoughts and opinions on my problem. Thanks.
Post edited by kisscomputer1996 on

Replies to: imperial college vs HKUST?

This discussion has been closed.