Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Second bachelor degree

13»

Replies to: Second bachelor degree

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 37,552 Senior Member
    LionKid: do you want to stay in finance or work in another field?
    I understand why being in the US would help - right now, with a BA, it's basically impossible to find an actual job in Romania (and many countries in Europe). In the US, in finance especially, there'd be opportunities for internships.
    You need to evaluate your odds of getting admitted to a Master's program from Romania (pretty hard) vs. doing 2 years as an undergraduate in the US then applying for a Master's program (pretty expensive).
  • LionKidLionKid Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Getting a degree and also a master's is as easy as applying for a degree in a CC. All you got to do is apply. Problem is romanian degrees aren't really that respected and aren't really hard to get.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 37,552 Senior Member
    Let me rephrase "getting admitted to an American Master's program from Romania (pretty hard) vs. doing 2 years as an undergraduate in the US then applying for a Master's program (pretty expensive)."
    I didn't think you'd want to stay in Romania for your Master's degree or you wouldn't be on this thread :d
  • PurpleTitanPurpleTitan Registered User Posts: 11,693 Senior Member
    You could try transferring (to any American college). Then maybe aim for a Master's later that.
  • LionKidLionKid Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Thank you all for the advice, I have decided that it's best for me to finish my studies in Romania. I kind of got used to the idea that it is too late to transfer or do something else about it.
    My main reasons I have decided to finish my studies in Romania is because there was a lot of uncertainty regarding acceptance,opportunities and the ability to keep up with the peers from the US.
    The other reason is that even though I value education, I also value the money I spend on it - there really isn't any point in getting a degree if you won't get anything out of it (at least in my case).

• BiudBiud Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    You should go for a MS...
13»
This discussion has been closed.