Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

cheap colleges that are easy to get into

mellow18mellow18 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
hey so im looking for a college that is cheap and easy to get into. im an international student and ive been searching for what seems like forever so please if anyone knows a college like the one im looking for feel free to tell me..

Replies to: cheap colleges that are easy to get into

• austinmshauriaustinmshauri Registered User Posts: 7,545 Senior Member
    Colleges that are inexpensive either give great need or merit based aid, making them super competitive to get into, or they're close enough to the student's home to make commuting possible. Do you have anything like that close to home?
  • MusakParentMusakParent Registered User Posts: 687 Member
    edited November 9
    I do not agree with the person above me. It's a relatively small number of people who are able to cash in on meets need schools or get large amounts of merit aid. However, there are different college search strategies you should use depending on your stats and finances. Shopping as an international student is different as well because not all schools treat international students the same in terms of financial aid. If the FA works for you, go for it but shop carefully.

Off the top of my head, I'd look at smaller directional state schools. Wisconsin has a good and affordable state system with a number of good options. I know people who've gone on to excellent grad programs from these smaller state schools.

https://www.wisconsin.edu/campuses/

UW-Madison is the flagship and is considerably less affordable than other options. Not to mention, more competitive for entry especially for non-residents. However, for example UW-Eau Claire is 24,700 all inclusive for non-residents. Average ACT scores are 22-26, so not super competitive for entry. Other states have less known state schools that may be similarly priced. Minot State above looks super affordable too. Don't think you need a big name school to get a very high quality education. Dig around into less known publics. Avoid big coastal cities.
  • PublisherPublisher Registered User Posts: 4,543 Senior Member
    edited November 9
    The main problem with OP's request is that no parameters are offered. For example, what are OP's standardized test scores & budget ?

Depending upon OP's budget, the University of Arizona & Arizona State University might be options to consider. Neither school requires standardized test scores & admission rates are about 80% & 87% respectively.
  • PublisherPublisher Registered User Posts: 4,543 Senior Member
    Bowling Green State University in Ohio.
  • paul2752paul2752 Registered User Posts: 5,089 Senior Member
    @Publisher I read that was BAWLING green State lol.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 28,417 Senior Member
    How cheap? How easy?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 38,869 Senior Member
    Midwestern State in Texas, UW Lake Superior in Wisconsin, Mansfield U and Millersville in PA....
  • coolguy40coolguy40 Registered User Posts: 1,820 Senior Member
    Weber State, Utah Valley University, UTEP, Wyoming, Southern Utah University
  • mamaedefamiliamamaedefamilia Registered User Posts: 3,070 Senior Member
    Southeastern Louisiana
  • CupCakeMuffinsCupCakeMuffins Registered User Posts: 630 Member
    Explore schools in smaller towns of Texas and look at regional campuses of A&M and UT.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 38,869 Senior Member
    UMaine campuses

• mellow18mellow18 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 20
    Cheap as in till 15-20 thousand
    Easy as in above 60% of acceptance rate @happymomof1
  • mellow18mellow18 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    And thank you all for your reply ....