right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What International Students Should Know About Community College Admissions

Dave_BerryDave_Berry 492 replies2499 postsCC Admissions Expert Senior Member
"WHILE COST WAS A motivating factor, Greg Zdanowski from Poland says his final decision to attend a community college came after lackluster meetings with two U.S. universities. He felt more welcomed at Harper College, a community college in Illinois, where he says the admissions process for him was incredibly smooth.

'I remember my first meeting with the admission office, where people actually had time and knowledge to answer all my questions. There was no hesitation or stress involved,' says Zdanowski, who earned an Associate of Science with a biology/chemistry major in May 2019 from the school.

Community colleges are two-year schools that are a popular option for international students. Almost all offer open-access admission, which means nearly all qualifying students can attend. According to data from the Institute of International Education, around 94,562 international students studied at U.S. community colleges in the 2017–2018 academic year." ...

https://www.usnews.com/education/community-colleges/articles/2019-07-09/what-international-students-should-know-about-community-college-admissions
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What International Students Should Know About Community College Admissions

• happymomof1happymomof1 29489 replies170 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Many community colleges have formal articulation agreements with the public universities in that same state. These agreements guarantee transfer admission for students who complete a specific program of studies with a specific GPA. This can make completion of the bachelor degree much easier. Also, international students should verify housing options at the community colleges that they are interested in. Some community colleges have residence halls.
    · Reply · Share