right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What are my chances to get into Seoul National University?

juliaho3012juliaho3012 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi y'all, I'm currently an international student in an U.S. High School. I'm looking for a chance to study at Seoul National University in South Korea, or maybe Yonsei University as my 2nd choice. This is an overview of my background:
- I attended a gifted high school in my hometown (Vietnam) and my GPA is 9.2/10 (which is mostly As)
- I'm in 11th grade right now in the U.S. and my current weighted GPA is 4.5/5.0 while unweighted GPA is 4.0/4.0
- SAT: 1450 (i'm trying to improve)
- SAT Math 2: 800, SAT II Biology M: 770, SAT II Physics: 800
- I'm in art team and math team of the school, also the president of International Society at my school.
- I also have several leadership activities in Vietnam namely Model United Nations, English club, studying-abroad club, etc. I also do a lot of charities and I'm also an English teaching-assistant.
I don't really look for a scholarship, I just need to get accepted into either SNU or Yonsei so I'm wondering what my chances are with my current background for the admission? Tysm!!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are my chances to get into Seoul National University?

• Thea19Thea19 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I currently attend Yonsei. For context, I got into both Yonsei and SNU but decided Yonsei.

For SNU, you need to take a Korean administration test (korean & traditional Hanja) which makes it difficult if you are not incredibly acquainted with Korean.

Looking at your Stats, I would say it matches the stats for Yonsei UIC (international division) - high chances!

If you have more questions, PM me!
    · Reply · Share