Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Americans at European Universities?

Debater09Debater09 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
edited May 2008 in International Students
Hi everyone,

I'm an American (female from New England, at boarding school) considering- among U.S. schools- some European universities (in Ireland, Scotland, England and maybe France.)

Do any of you have any information about/insight into the experience of American students at European universities, the application process, anything related? Or know where to get more information?

Thanks so much!!! I'm sure there are lots of people wondering about this :)
Post edited by Debater09 on

Replies to: Americans at European Universities?

• Debater09Debater09 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    bump 10char
  • Rister_ChutophsRister_Chutophs Registered User Posts: 1,373 Senior Member
    It varies from country to country or even from school to school...What exactly do you want to know?

Two factors that you should be aware of come to my mind:

-ECs etc. are usually not an admission factor. at most schools it will come down to your grades, scores (esp. AP/IB) and perhaps the interview.

-You declare your major by the time you apply and have to stick with it until you graduate. Also, it's almost impossible to take courses outside your departement, i think (-> not really a liberal arts education)

what major are you interested in?
  • b@r!umb@r!um Registered User Posts: 10,172 Senior Member
    Google is a good place to start. If you have any specific questions that Google cannot help you with, we would be happy to help you.
This discussion has been closed.