Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Ds-156 = HELP!

ntmngocntmngoc Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
edited May 2008 in International Students
Here's the thing. My sister filled out and summitted the Ds-156 form for me this afternoon - kind huh? However, she got like 1/2 answers of the form wrong.
So...I don't know what i have to do now. Should I filled out a new form? Or should I contact the embassy and ask them if I can have it fixed? I heard sb said that u should not fill a new form.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by ntmngoc on

Replies to: Ds-156 = HELP!

• Rister_ChutophsRister_Chutophs Registered User Posts: 1,373 Senior Member
    contact the embassy
  • clam_chowderclam_chowder Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    DONT fill a new form.
    what things does she got wrong?
    contact the embassy..(you need to contact them anw to make interview appointment)
  • b@r!umb@r!um Registered User Posts: 10,171 Senior Member
    I submitted at least 3 copies of the form a few years ago and I didn't run into trouble. Maybe I was just lucky, but I guess that the embassy only processes forms that are tied to an actual interview. If you have not yet scheduled an interview, I would just fill in a new form. (If you schedule your interview online you have to enter the barcode number from your DS 156; not sure if you need it if you get your interview appointment by phone.)
  • ryanshroffryanshroff Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    Just contact the embassy

b@rium : They've become really strict and now they won't let you submit the form more than once unless the earlier interview is canceled in which case that form will also be canceled
  • b@r!umb@r!um Registered User Posts: 10,171 Senior Member
    "now they won't let you submit the form more than once unless the earlier interview is canceled"

What if you submit the form several times before scheduling your first interview?
This discussion has been closed.