Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

IB Score 40 Points

themerlionthemerlion Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
edited September 2009 in International Students
Hello,

This is my predicted score for the November 2009 IB session. Do you think this is good enough for Columbia with a 2180 SAT? (690CR 750M 740W). The breakdown is as follows:

English A1 HL - 6
Economics HL - 6
History HL - 5
Mathematics SL - 6
Chemistry SL - 7
French B - 7

EE English - A
TOK - B

Bonus: 3

Total: 40 points

My essay, extracurriculars, recommendations should all be fine for Early Decision to Columbia. Also I come from a competitive non-us country. I have heard that anything over 38-39 they look more at other things. Is my 5 points for History going to hurt me a lot?

Cheers
Post edited by themerlion on

Replies to: IB Score 40 Points

• frankchnfrankchn Registered User Posts: 1,266 Senior Member
    Stats-wise you are probably somewhere there for Columbia College ED without FA. The other non-academic stuff are important too.
  • kthanksbyekthanksbye Registered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    6-6-5 for HLs is iffy though.
  • themerlionthemerlion Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    I am not applying for FA. Yeah but still I was worried about 665 as well too. Any other comments? Aiyah anyways 665 is like AAB convert to A levels. Just that the stupid IB splits an A into 6 and 7. I guess I make up for that 5 in History with 3 bonus points which not many got in my school. Plus not many folks apply ED to Columbia from here and I guess my nonacademic factors are pretty ok for columbia.
This discussion has been closed.