Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Moving into college!

doughboy090891doughboy090891 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
edited June 2010 in International Students
By now people should be applying for and receiving their student visas. This means that our next step is moving into college.

Let's discuss things relevant to moving in. I know it's going to be harder for us internationals since we're moving in from a whole different environment.

I'm not too keen on shopping for room stuff, I'd like advice on that as well. What about quality of products? Good deals and packages?

I received a mail from Residence Hall Linens and they seem to have good stuff, does anyone else have experience with this?

Residence Hall Linens ? XL Sheets, Linens, Dorm Bedding
Post edited by doughboy090891 on

Replies to: Moving into college!

• b@r!umb@r!um Registered User Posts: 10,286 Senior Member
    My classmates were really unhappy with the linens and towels from residence hall linens. I ordered a bed-in-a-box from target and couldn't be happier.
  • equillibriumequillibrium Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    ^ same experience with my classmates, these seem to be average in terms of satisfaction.
  • CariprinCariprin Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    well i've just started doing research on shopping couple days ago and i heard about dormbuys.com which is supposed to be cheap, I think, I guess you could shop online there. in terms of clothes i recently found collegefashion.net that has some suggestions for shopping cheap. designyourdorm.com I think is another good bet but i need someone else's opnion on who has actually used this?
This discussion has been closed.