Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

International trade background, career related to China?

Islander4Islander4 Registered User Posts: 1,532 Senior Member
At this point, I'm currently thinking about eventually getting involved in an economic-based field that has an international scope. I've been pursuing Mandarin for this purpose and personal interest for the last year or so, and even though I'm an undergrad business student, I just don't see myself in the more popular areas (marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, etc.)that folks at my school (Cornell) wind up going into. Once I get back on campus, I'm going to be desperately looking for some form of a related internship, but is there anyone that has been in a more defined version of what I'm trying to describe?
Post edited by Islander4 on

Replies to: International trade background, career related to China?

• soccerguy315soccerguy315 Registered User Posts: 7,245 Senior Member
    international development?
    commerce department?
    state department?

if you can develop your Mandarin skills, the intelligence community might be interested in you. Obviously the US government spends a lot of money monitoring China (military, culture, economics, etc).

and i'm sure there are plenty of US companies that have operations in China, so that is another option.
  • Islander4Islander4 Registered User Posts: 1,532 Senior Member
    Anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.