Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

I need help finding an internship!

12lyncje12lyncje Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
Hello all. I am a rising senior in northeast Massachusetts who is planning to follow the Pre-Med route. I want to find a really strong medical/biotechnology internship within the area, but I really don't know of any strong ones. Can anyone make any recommendations? Thanks!
Post edited by 12lyncje on

Replies to: I need help finding an internship!

• mathgirl8mathgirl8 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    [url=http://www.****]Slader :: Homework Help and Answers :: Slader[/url] has been paying students to answer science (many of which would be fun for you) and math questions. the pay's not a bad rate, and although i've been too busy to add a lot of solutions, a few of my friends have been doing them in large amounts. i saw a flyer for their internship at my school, so it really couldn't hurt sending them an email with your resume or something. if you don't want to spend a lot of time with this site, you can always make a few hundred bucks by referring your friends (the site pays you to get people on it!)
  • 12lyncje12lyncje Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    thanks! i honestly would prefer an actual "internship" with a biotech company. this would impress colleges and more importantly I would receive a hands-on experience of working in a laboratory and applying my strong science skills to the real world. i'll deifnitely check it out though. is it really that unique, and is it valuable for college admissions?
  • -Lurker--Lurker- Registered User Posts: 1,420 Senior Member
    You are going to have to take some initiative to find these internships and no one on this board will have the time nor expertise to spell out a list of companies you should apply to. Needless to say, Boston is a huge R&D hub and if you are anywhere decent, you should not find it difficult to find an internship.

I would then go to the smaller biotech and start sending out cold-emails or cold calling them. You don't really have a shot at any of the bigger pharma companies without a connection
This discussion has been closed.