Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SEO Career Program 2011-2012

Replies to: SEO Career Program 2011-2012

• seeseemeseeseeme Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @JDBorough I heard back from them in less than a week, so you'd probably get an email soon to schedule the phone/skype screen.

just got an in-person interview invite, so glad... gotta start preparing. YAY!
  • kinghenry11kinghenry11 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    seeseeme, When did you have the phone interview? I had mine last friday, and haven't heard back since... It's only been a week though.
  • UFKid1021UFKid1021 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey I applied on September 4th, and I still have not heard back. I applied to transaction services, and I meet with the campus recruiter, and she recommended that I be fast tracked to the in-person interview. (Basically skip the phone interview). Should I be worried that I have not heard back from them yet?
  • CanuckIBCanuckIB Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Did anyone who applied for the Rd 1 deadline on Nov 1 get an interview call yet?

I know people applied earlier in Oct. but I am asking about the rest of you that just applied on Nov 1.

Thanks
  • JDBoroughJDBorough Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    @CanuckIB I applied on the Nov. 1 deadline and haven't heard back yet, it's been a week so I hope they send some type of interview invitation soon
    @CanuckIB WHOA.. Literally minutes after I made the above post I go and check my spam folder (which I NEVER do) and see the SEO interview invitation sitting right there, they sent it exactly ONE DAY after I submitted my app so it's been in there for a week. I couldn't believe it, this is the first time Gmail has ever mistaken one of my actual emails for spam. CanuckIB I suggest checking your spam folder ASAP

Edit: & of course as I go to make an appointment there are absolutely NO time slots available. aaaagh, I'm really beating myself over the head for this one :/
  • UFKid1021UFKid1021 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Just got the invite to the in person interview! I am interviewing in Atlanta on November 19
  • lookingtofuturelookingtofuture Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    Applied before the rd 1 deadline, got a phone interview within a week after, had phone interview yesterday, got in person invite the same day.
    @lookingtofuture & @UFKid1021: Congratulations to you both! I have my own phone interview on the 22nd! If you don't mind me asking, what did the phone interview consist of? Were you asked behavioral questions? Or was it more just getting to know you?
    Depends on your division but a mixture of both, it was pretty easy in my case. There's an old SEO thread around that listed the questions specifically and while a bit dated wasn't too far off. Do make sure you watch the SEO videos on your division, know what it is, why you want to do it, why SEO, etc.
  • CanuckIBCanuckIB Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Who is the email from? Maybe it will help me search my spam?

Also, is there any indication on the online SEO form app? Does it give you an indication of an interview there?
  • nina0909nina0909 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I got the interview , the question were easy.

But I don't think I will get a second round interview , I felt like I was just going through the motions and I no longer had that great interest in it.

Do anyone has an idea , when rejection letters arrive??
    Had my in person yesterday for IBD, think it went pretty well.
  • mapr89mapr89 Registered User Posts: 195 Junior Member
    Did they tell you when you would be hearing back? Who interviewed you?
    Interviewed with the head of IB in NY, did not indicate when I would hear back as I'm a sophomore, just asked when I would have the transcript and rec in.
This discussion has been closed.