Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Teach For America 2013 Corps

Replies to: Teach For America 2013 Corps

• pvgirlpvgirl Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I saw that you are maybe doing a Spanish lesson? That is my plan too! Are you doing it in Spanish or in English? Methods say you should always teach in Spanish but I don't want to get docked for them not understanding all of it.
  • iTeachiTeach Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    @HTown207: Two more dayssssss... aggh. I cannot wait to find out already! After going through the phone interview in my head over and over again, my prediction doesn't seem too great at the moment. oh wells, can't do anything about it now. Good luck to the both of us!
  • mookie08mookie08 Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    Went MIA sorry, City Year is no joke, but I wasn't invited directly to the final round, simply because they want more info regarding things on your app. In reality, those who did the phone interview have half the battle done, at the final interview, they'll ask you all questions we were asked already. But for those waiting for a final interview decision tomorrow also, buena suerte!
    wooohooo! Final interview invitation! :) I'm super stoked!
  • tfa2013tfa2013 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    me too! :D
  • niloy.ghosh518niloy.ghosh518 Registered User Posts: 285 Junior Member
    I got a final interview too!
    @tfa2013 and @niloy: congrats to all of us!

I can finally start thinking about lesson plan... aggh.. what are you guys going to teach? I was also planning on doing espanol.
  • Rome345Rome345 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Congrats guys! Are any of you all interviewing in NY?
  • TFAhopeful13TFAhopeful13 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I also received an invitation to the final interview round. I'm currently in the Los Angeles area but I'm hoping to be placed in Philly as well as a few other places.
  • RainbowDaisyGirlRainbowDaisyGirl Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey y'all! I just got notified of moving to the final interview round, too! I go to school at Emory so I'll be interviewing here in Atlanta. Any other southerners here?

After being in the South my whole life, I'm looking to head out West. Los Angeles is my top preference by far. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it!

Does anyone know how we should dress?
  • TFAhopeful13TFAhopeful13 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    TFA recommends dressing professional so no jeans and t shirts for women they said "slacks, skirts, dressy blouse or a dress" They also said to be conservative if unsure of what to wear.
  • tfa2013tfa2013 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm also from the south and looking to head north! I'm ready for something different!
    Mann i am from the north and wanna goo south! lol
  • kitkat13kitkat13 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey everyone!

I have my final interview in a week, and I thought I'd join this forum to release some nervous, excited energy! I didn't have a phone interview...in some ways I think it would've been nice to practice answering some questions before the final interview. But regardless, I'm looking forward to Monday. ... & Nov. 1st can't come soon enough!
    Nice that is cool! Mine is next Wednesday!
    Where is your top choice?
This discussion has been closed.