Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Seo 2012-2013

12346»

Replies to: Seo 2012-2013

• WowieWowie Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    Hey guys..

I just had my interview and completely screwed up on the mental math portion. Do you think I'm basically denied for sure?

About how long does it usually take for people to hear back by?

Is placement based on your school beneficial? I go to a top 25 school and have a 3.4-3.5, previous finance experience, but completely bombed my mental math portion.
  • UMD15821UMD15821 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @Wowie... Don't count yourself out yet. I Initially screwed up the mental math because of nerves, but I just took a deep breath and redid it... Came up with the right answer second time around and was able to explain it well. I don't think it counted against me that much.
  • LightWeightLightWeight Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I applied to the S&T program last year made it to the Assessment Day but didnt an offer. I was pretty bummed out about it. I dont think I looked at or paid attention to the markets for several months following my rejection. I changed course this year and decided to pursue the Consulting Program. I interviewed in December and was contacted recently by SEO to gauge my interest in some back office summer analyst positions with a couple of Banks. So we will how it goes.

Non-Target
  • WowieWowie Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    Hey guys... I was wondering how long the process takes on average. I interviewed on Friday and I was wondering if I might as well just wait it out for a month or so and forget about it.
    My interviewer mentioned that I might have to interview with the firm specifically if I was chosen. Is this common?
  • Ced155Ced155 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys, first post but been following the thread for a while now...Has any anybody heard back yet? This wait is killing me
  • Sean21Sean21 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    If you are looking to get into the SEO industry I would recommend a student placement. I am currently on a year out on a student placement year in industry on my 4 year Marketing Degree. The years experience has really enhanced my CV and not just increased my chances of starting a successful career after university, but I have also gained a greater focus to go back to my final year and achieve a better mark.

Here is where I am currently spending my year out:
    Marketing Placements | Digital Marketing Work Experience Opportunities - Strategy Internet Marketing
  • collegestandardcollegestandard Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I've found that the application process was not that hectic but SEO sometimes can't really keep you in the loop of what's going on because everyone is on a different timeline. Have fun during orientation to everyone who made it and best of luck to those applying again next year!

Sources:
    Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) - Application Tips

Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) - Phone/Skype Interview Questions & Application Process
12346»
This discussion has been closed.