Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questions about Nursing-Psychology-HR

FutureguinFutureguin Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I have a very complex situation that I'm hoping to get some advice on. I'm a current junior at an out-of-state university about 5 hours away from home. I was a 4.0 student in high school and have gotten close to the same in my first two years of college. My school doesn't begin the actual nursing program until Junior year, so I applied after my prerequisites and got accepted. However, as my first semester of the nursing program is nearing the end, I am for sure that it is not what I want to do. I am getting terrible grades, which is very unlike me, because I am just not interested in the content and can't make sense of much of it. It doesn't help that I had already planned to do a direct transfer into the nursing program at a university near home this Spring. As I am still transferring to save money and due to other personal reasons (all of my credits will transfer) I cannot decide what to do next.
I am very interested in majors like psychology, public health, and human resources. If I decide to pursue a degree in psychology, I can graduate on time next Spring. I'm just not exactly sure if it's a smart decision. I've heard that psychology majors can also get jobs in HR and sales, but I'm curious as to how common that actually is. If I decide to purse the HR bachelor's, I will be in school for about another year after that. If anybody has any input, I would really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.