I'll leave out the details for privacy.
I want to get into ExxonMobil, Shell Oil Company, Chevron, or ConocoPhillips.
I'll be interning at Marathon Petroleum Corportation next semester for 5 months, and possibly at BASF for the summer.
Can someone tell me my chances at these companies?
Here it goes:
The University of Texas at Austin Bachelor of Science Chemical Engineering Fall 2015
Business Foundations Program
cumulative GPA: 3.81
Samsung Semiconductor – Process Engineering Intern Summer 2014
• Automated the FEM data analysis process by using Excel VBA Macro, which reduced the annual cost by $13,000 and saved
416 hours of annual engineer labor
• Standardized and optimized the YMS database system to reduce both human error and time on daily monitoring process by
creating a comprehensive work-list
• Assembled the Equipment Availability Report, and Overlay Rework Report daily to identify bottleneck processes
• Updated the Tool Spread Report and Reticle Spread Report, which enhanced the production rate by 4%
Research Assistant, Dr. Rochelle, Pilot Plant for CO2 Capture with Aqueous Piperazine/ Potassium Carbonate
• Undertook the Piperazine reclaimer project to reduce cost and enhance efficiency by reclaiming the amine
• Utilized Google SketchUp and MS Office Visio to design and replace the parts in Piperazine reclaimer
Proficient: Excel VBA Macro, MATLAB, MS Word, and PivotTable
Familiar: Python, Google SketchUp, MS Visio, and JMP
Languages: Fluent in English and Korean
HarmoNation – Tenor Singer/Marketing Chair Fall 2014 – Present
Omega Chi Epsilon National Chemical Engineering Honor Society – Member Spring 2014 – Present
Engineers without Borders – Member Spring 2014 – Summer 2014
The Seed Band – Lead Singer Fall 2011 – Fall 2013
Seton Medical Center Austin – Volunteer Spring 2012 – Summer 2013
Leaton Thomas Oliver Scholarship
Walter B. Smith Jr. Undergraduate Scholarship
Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Estimate Scholarship
SAChE Certificate Program: Risk Assessment
SAChE Certificate Program: Inherently Safer Design
SAChE Certificate Program: Process Safety 101