Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Doing what you love or go with the flow?

Bluechic92Bluechic92 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
Haven't been on here since my freshmen year at college! I just want to thank all the posters to my previous threads for help and encouragement.

I have graduated now (Bachelors in Physics) and I am in the process of figuring out what to do with my life. Actually, figuring out plan B.

I had plan A figured out, it just requires a slight climb and I am prepared to do it. However, at the same time I feel myself asking if it's worth it? What if I come up with a very good plan B and just move on?

Many people tell you to do what you love. I have figured out what I really love doing but I am just not good enough and I want to become better. I really want to study and work hard and become better, but I am wondering if it will even pay off in the end?

Should I keep trying? Or should I just go with the flow and look at the job market and just do whatever it takes to make money?

Currently I am trying to make plan A work and I have a small hourly job that pays well, but not enough. I live at home too, and I sort of just feel like a failure ( even though I'm not). It seems that everyone around me has it all figured it out.

Replies to: Doing what you love or go with the flow?

This discussion has been closed.