Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Teach for America-Early Application 2016 corps

Replies to: Teach for America-Early Application 2016 corps

• gsalickigsalicki Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    I'm so sorry 9194tigers! You can always reapply, though.

So is this 2015 notification legit? Maybe it's just meant to say 2016, but the acceptance is the same?
  • 9194tigers9194tigers Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    it's ok!! I'm just glad I got my foot in the door, I didn't even think I'd get this far but now I can improve and reapply! Good luck to everyone and hope to CU in the 2016 corps!
  • teenageriotsteenageriots Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Rejected, guys.
  • lalivin93lalivin93 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Accepted! So excited :-) Mine said 2016, so I am not sure about the 2015 thing.
  • teacher13teacher13 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Accepted into the New York corps!! Ahh!!! :D
  • fmoralesfmorales Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I will be in the Bay Area in 2016. Good luck to everyone else with whatever you choose to pursue in life!
  • TFA2016TFA2016 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Rejected. Congratulations everyone!
    The notification changed, I got accepted for 2016! Congrats to everyone else who got accepted! Anyone else in Connecticut?
  • rose16rose16 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been assigned to the Bay Area, too!
  • ClayRodClayRod Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I was accepted and assigned to New York :D
  • teacher13teacher13 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited May 2015
    @ClayRod looks like we will be seeing each other and working together woohoo *virtual high-five*
  • ClayRodClayRod Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    @teacher13 yeah! I'm definitely looking forward to it! :D
  • TFAapplicant4293TFAapplicant4293 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2015
    For those who didn't get in, are you going to reapply? I got rejected but this was the first "early" assignment period. Idk, I really was looking forward to this and I still really want to do it. I got rejected and I had a 3.4 GPA. I felt really good about the final interview and all of the deadlines prior to the final interview...this sucks really bad to be totally honest
  • NewYork2016NewYork2016 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I was accepted into TFA. I don't think GPA is as important as your final interview and your answers to the short answer questions. I would review my lesson plan and see if there are any areas you could improve on. I think it also helps to review your answers during the one on one interview as well. Best of luck to you. Do not let rejection discourage you from reapplying.
    For anyone rejected, I think that if you apply next year, you'll be even stronger because you'll know what to expect from the process. Like @NewYork2016 said, don't let rejection discourage you from reapplying, the fact that you made it to the final interview alone is a pretty big deal.
This discussion has been closed.