Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pestimistic Senior in college

branchawaybranchaway Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am currently a rising senior at a HBCU. I'm majoring in economics and I'm just not sure if I'm on the right path. I had a dream of becoming an economist but after my research I think it's very unlikely for me to attend any of the top programs with my transcript. And I herd if you can't get into the top you might as well not go. Right now I have a 3.2/4.0 that I plan to improve. I'm pestimistic because of the school I go to and the couple of Cs on my transcript. So I thought about becoming an actuary. I won't lie and say I LOVE MATH but I like it, I'm pretty good at it and know that it's essential. Although the problem solving scares me because I'm always thinking way left when I should be thinking else where to solve problems. Maybe that comes with practice? I'm just not sure if I'm smart enough to pass those exams and don't want to waste time if I could be or should be pursuing something else. I also seen this industry is male dominated and that intimidates the hell out of me. I feel like I'm biting off more than I can chew. I want to do something anyalitical, meaningful, and it has to have financial security. I'm not all about the money but I expect to get a return of investment and I'm relying heavily on my academics. I do extra curricular activities although I haven't had a internship (which also scares me) cause I obviously have poor interview skills. (Which wasn't a surprise to me since I barely communicate at all). I just need some type of guidance if becoming an actuary is the best route and if so how should I prepare entering my last year in college?

Replies to: Pestimistic Senior in college

This discussion has been closed.