Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Basically failed out of Engineering, excelling at business. Resume Question

GoTigers95GoTigers95 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hey guys. Like the title says I spent 2 years too long in engineering and made a 2.7, 2.5, 2.3, and then a 1.3 my 4th semester. I suffered a pretty bad head injury late into the semester and none of my teachers cut me any slack. I promptly got out of the engineering school and walked over to business. Since then, I've made a 3.41 and a 3.81 with another semester on the deans list coming.

How should I go about this situation on paper. With a cum GPA of about 2.7, Business GPA of ~3.6, and a major GPA close to 4.0. I don't want to appear as if I'm hiding something by only listing my major GPA. Should I just list both? Any comments on the situation would be great!

Replies to: Basically failed out of Engineering, excelling at business. Resume Question

• chriswchrisw Registered User Posts: 1,585 Senior Member
    I give the same advice to everyone on this forum. It depends on the school's policy. For example, my school had a policy that, if you were using their career services, you had to follow: Use your cumulative GPA; you are permitted to use your major GPA, but you must be clear that it is a major GPA and you must include the number of courses you have taken in the major so far. Other schools have more restrictive or less restrictive rules, but in general, just be up front. There is nothing wrong with using your major GPA as long as you don't try to pass it off as your cumulative.

Some companies may require you to report your cumulative GPA, but if they don't, then don't give them a reason to write you off before even interviewing you.
This discussion has been closed.