Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Trying to determine my career, maybe education in math?

tab0987tab0987 Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
I am an economics major graduating from a competitive liberal arts college in New England and have recently been trying to determine what I want to do after graduation. I applied to a number of jobs in sales and financial services, some of them seemed nice and I heard back from some, no actual offers yet. However, I've been questioning my career goals and I really feel like I've downplayed the possibility of education as being a potential career for myself. Moreover, I wasn't incredibly passionate with many of the jobs I applied to. I was wondering if it is possible to become a teacher without having to go through bachelor degree program again. I feel that I am kind of interested in teaching math, I got an easy a in calc 1 and really struggled in calc 2 but had an insane professor that was fired after the class. Math has always for the most part been pretty natural to me. I would also consider teaching economics, but I don't really know how high the demand would be below the college level. I currently tutor my cousin with math on a weekly basis and I think we both get something out of it. Should I try to apply to teaching programs or not bother with that? Any insight?
This discussion has been closed.