Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

HELP. Internship/ Interview trouble. Need Advice.

marthadmarthad Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
So I applied to a summer business internship position using my resume stating my major GPA of about 3.3. Then I got a phone call from HR and was asked tons of questions and then she asked about my GPA. I was on the spot and she asked if my cumulative GPA was above a 3.0, I said yes. They require a 3.0 or better... But my actual GPA is about a 2.9 cumulative. This was 3 months ago and I thought I wouldnt get the job so it didnt matter I was more doing it for practice.

About a week and a half ago I got a phone call from another lady in HR asking if I was still interested in the internship. I said yes and we scheduled a skype interview (I live 9 hours away from where the job is located) with two senior level employees in the company and interviewed a few days later. The interview went AMAZING. I knew I nailed it. Today I got a call back from HR saying that the guys I interviewed with liked me a lot and they want to move forward. Tomorrow I have a phone interview with a division manager in the company.

Now I am going crazy wondering if I should tell him about my GPA not being a 3.0 or if I should wait. during the skype interview they did not ask me about my cumulative GPA just my major GPA. I am scared that I am going to get the job and have to send in transcripts or something. I really want this job and dont wanna screw it up. They havent told me if I will be required to send in transcripts or not but Im nervous. Should I tell the division manager tomorrow and explain the situation? Or should I avoid it and hope that they dont ask for my transcripts? How often do internships require you to send in your transcripts?

I know that I messed up, I just want to fix it without ruining my chances at this job.

Replies to: HELP. Internship/ Interview trouble. Need Advice.

• aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 8,554 Senior Member
    What was your GPA in your major?

If your major was at a 3.3, I would fess up and tell them that my GPA in the major is 3.33, but my overall was 2.9. If they really liked you, the cum GPA won't matter.
This discussion has been closed.