Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Being Resident Assistant (for college dorm) while studying Engineering

HSscienceHSscience Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
I know I'm asking a little early (High School Senior...), but how common is it for engineering majors to be resident assistants? I get the sense its quite uncommon, but I was wandering if anyone has done this and/or has heard of this happening?

Replies to: Being Resident Assistant (for college dorm) while studying Engineering

• chriswchrisw Registered User Posts: 1,585 Senior Member
    When I was in college, people pursuing all majors decided to be RAs. It isn't really a terribly taxing job, certainly less so than any other job that would pay for housing.
  • LakemomLakemom Registered User Posts: 2,977 Senior Member
    Any major can be an RA. Time management is what you need to do engineering and any other extra curricular activity so really anything you want to do, you just need to carve out time for.
This discussion has been closed.