Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Could being a Telephone Interviewer help me with getting a marketing internship next summer?

Clu3L1ssClu3L1ss Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
So I applied to a few internships but started weeding out the ones I didn't like (one was unpaid, the other was too far away and a startup, which is fine, just not what I was looking for). However, the main few internships I was hoping for I got rejected from, which I assume is due to lack of experience on my part. My only job experience is being a supervisor at a coffee shop on campus and tutoring Chinese students and Chinese-language high school students.

However, I got accepted to be a telephone interviewer for a small market research company in my college town this summer, where I have to collect information from phone conversations. My mother wasn't impressed with the idea but it seems like it is the best that I can do for right now, and I can manipulate the wording of my job description when I put it down on my resume.

I'm asking that do you think having this job over the summer will help build up my resume so that I can get a (paid) internship at a bigger company? I will also try to do an internship during my fall semester on campus to build up my resume.
This discussion has been closed.