Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Google BOLD 2018

SevenBlue7SevenBlue7 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
So there isn't a thread for Google BOLD 2018 yet, so thought Id create one for people to share and discuss their progress with their application progress. I applied in late October and waiting anxiously for a response.

Replies to: Google BOLD 2018

• koalajashikkoalajashik Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey awesome! I also applied for the bold program but early October. Do you think my chances will be affected if I sent in two supplemental forms?I made a mistake on my first one so i sent in another a few weeks later. Hope I still have a chance here!
  • GoBroncos2GoBroncos2 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Applied on the last day. Living on the edge
  • GoBroncos2GoBroncos2 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 13
    @koalajashik I think you would be fine.
  • youngwizyoungwiz Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Did anyone else find it weird how there were no supplemental questions? Just a resume and transcript. Much different from previous years.
  • VicvondaVicvonda Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi everyone!!! I actually received an offer from Google today for the Bold Internship so I'm willing to answer any questions or help anyone who needs help with the process!! just message me with any questions or post them here and I can answer. to get through the wait I read most of the threads from the past years so I want to be helpful in the same way that those threads were.
  • youngwizyoungwiz Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 16
    @Vicvonda Did you attend Bold Immersion or do you have a referral from a Google employee? So unusual that you were offered within a week of the application closing.
  • blurbs21blurbs21 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @youngwiz lol yeah I kept feeling like I was missing something on the application because I read so much about the supplemental material but it wasn't there, I guess that makes it easier for us and them...

@Vicvonda Wow, congratulations! That's awesome. Would you mind telling us about what role you applied for/were accepted to and more about your interviews (tips/suggestions perhaps)?
  • ILikeCats123ILikeCats123 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Applied towards the end of October. I also had no questions, only transcript and resume.