right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
NYU is releasing decisions today (3/30). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Should I Inter/Co-Op? Electrical Engineering w/ already long-ish graduation

luckysloth97luckysloth97 19 replies3 threads Junior Member
Hello,

Quick facts about me:
- EE major w/ 3.8 GPA
- At the start of college I did not know I wanted to do EE, so I have coursework that kind of puts me behind 1 year
- Did not structure things well so I have no internship or co-op experience
- Have University experience (Undergraduate Applied Electromagnetic research, international project in Europe, Peer Mentor)

So this leads me to my current situation. Currently:
- I am offered an internship at Hartsfield Jackson Int. Airport in Atlanta, Ga for Summer 2019
- Also, I am offered a 3 on-off Co-Op rotation at a great company starting Fall 2019

I am looking for advice on if I should do both or not. I am pretty set on doing the internship in the summer. And, if I do the Fall Co-Op, I could also do it Summer 2020 which would fit nicely as its in the summer semester.. then I may decide not to do it in the following Spring 2021 (or maybe I work smth out with the employer).

I feel like I need as much experience as I can get. The only downsides I foresee are: not being able to take classes with my friends I made during uni, and living at home longer.

What would you do in this situation?
10 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I Inter/Co-Op? Electrical Engineering w/ already long-ish graduation

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity