Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I Inter/Co-Op? Electrical Engineering w/ already long-ish graduation

luckysloth97luckysloth97 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Hello,

Quick facts about me:
- EE major w/ 3.8 GPA
- At the start of college I did not know I wanted to do EE, so I have coursework that kind of puts me behind 1 year
- Did not structure things well so I have no internship or co-op experience
- Have University experience (Undergraduate Applied Electromagnetic research, international project in Europe, Peer Mentor)

So this leads me to my current situation. Currently:
- I am offered an internship at Hartsfield Jackson Int. Airport in Atlanta, Ga for Summer 2019
- Also, I am offered a 3 on-off Co-Op rotation at a great company starting Fall 2019

I am looking for advice on if I should do both or not. I am pretty set on doing the internship in the summer. And, if I do the Fall Co-Op, I could also do it Summer 2020 which would fit nicely as its in the summer semester.. then I may decide not to do it in the following Spring 2021 (or maybe I work smth out with the employer).

I feel like I need as much experience as I can get. The only downsides I foresee are: not being able to take classes with my friends I made during uni, and living at home longer.

What would you do in this situation?

Replies to: Should I Inter/Co-Op? Electrical Engineering w/ already long-ish graduation