right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

White House Internship Program Fall 2019

Politicalstudent27Politicalstudent27 22 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
This is the official discussion thread/Post for the 2019 Fall White House Internship Program. Has anyone heard anything yet?
91 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: White House Internship Program Fall 2019

• 80degreescelsius80degreescelsius 32 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Nothing yet. I applied last semester and got wait listed, they called me for an interview around this time (this week/next week) so I am assuming we should hear something soon based on how they did it last semester.
    · Reply · Share
  • Politicalstudent27Politicalstudent27 22 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    Thank you for the Update! If you don't mind would you be able to describe the process of the interview and waitlist from your first time applying?
    · Reply · Share
  • 80degreescelsius80degreescelsius 32 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Yes! so i applied in the winter for the summer 2019 internship. I didn't hear anything (and didn't expect to hear anything TBH) until March 11, 2019. I wrote this down in my calendar from that day that i got a call:

DESCRIBE YOURSELF
    HOW WOULD YOUR FRIENDS DESCRIBE YOU
    WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR NEWS
    WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON TRUMP
    WHY DO YOU WANT THIS

its a little shorthanded but i tried to write as much as i could from memory of the phone call. I literally forgot what I said because i was SO nervous.

They call on a blocked number so if you don't normally answer those you might want to in the next few weeks. I was then notified that I was waitlisted, which i was ok with because at least they didn't completely throw out my app.

Then, after waiting I got an email saying the waitlist was closed. :( but whatever, I just decided to reapply and see what happens. It such a far shot but I figured whats the point in not applying?

What has your experience been? is this your first time applying?
    · Reply · Share
  • Politicalstudent27Politicalstudent27 22 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    Thank you. First time applying, and the wait is killing me!!
    · Reply · Share
    Omg. The wait is horrible. 3 1/2 more weeks until we know
    · Reply · Share
    I will actually be in DC the week before decisions. My nerves are going to be going crazy. Do you think they are going to be reaching out next week?
    · Reply · Share
    Either this week or next week, but not after that. Week of July 15 is when notifications come out. My nerves are crazy too...
    · Reply · Share
  • tellmemore2tellmemore2 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 21
    How do you all know when notifications come out? It's my first time applying, and I thought I would have heard for an interview by now, but I'm starting to doubt that I will be accepted.

Also, I'm currently living in DC, so internships are all I can think about!
    edited June 21
    · Reply · Share
    Hopefully, the day comes soon! best of luck to you! let us know if you hear anything.
    · Reply · Share
    The official website says July 15, but I heard that a few weeks before the decision dates they should reach out with emails, phone interviews, and more paper work!
    · Reply · Share
  • tellmemore2tellmemore2 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Has anyone heard anything?
    · Reply · Share
    As of today ,June 26th now. Have you @tellmemore2 and @80degreescelsius ?
    · Reply · Share
    Nada
    · Reply · Share
    I haven't heard anything either :-( hopefully they're just running late on interviews
    · Reply · Share
    @80degreescelsius do you think next week and the week after we still have a chance of hearing from them?
    · Reply · Share
    If you don't hear anything this coming week then you probably won't hear from them. It's not a bad sign if you don't hear from them though. there are people who get it that never got interviewed. I think only certain departments interview and others rely on your resume strength. There were some people who got it that never were even contacted. It's a matter of chance i guess, and TBH i think the interview makes or breaks it, so if you don't get one thats even better cuz you can stil get a position LOL
    · Reply · Share
    Please keep us informed! @80degreescelsius
    · Reply · Share
    Nothing. If not today, i dont think we will hear anything this week.
    · Reply · Share
    That's rough!! @80degreescelsius
    · Reply · Share