Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Has anyone heard of columbia institute for tele information?

mjw555mjw555 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hey all,

I was looking up internships for the summer and I came across a Reseach Internship at Columbia Institute for TeleInformation, and I was wondering has anyone done this internship? or heard about it? (www.citi.columbia.edu) I tried to research about it online, but I can't seem to find anyone who had done this internship before...

Thanks!
Post edited by mjw555 on

Replies to: Has anyone heard of columbia institute for tele information?

• dearsiryesdearsiryes Registered User Posts: 859 Member
    I can't find anyone else who has done this either, BUT I have been in contact with John Heywood who is one of the leads at the program. I have secured an internship in Manhattan for this summer and will be staying, most probably, in the Morningside area. Accordingly, I might be working as a research intern at the institute. Most research interns are provided a stipend, however. I would not be asking for one though because I would just want to contribute to the project and hone my skills.

So long to short: I have heard about it and it IS legit.
  • dearsiryesdearsiryes Registered User Posts: 859 Member
    I just secured an internship with the CITI this morning after my interview. There are a few more spots open, but not too many.

If you want information, PM me.
This discussion has been closed.