Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How tough is it to get a job at Citadel?

ArbitrageurArbitrageur Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
It's a huge hedge fund in Chicago. I've heard that it's one of the toughest financial firms to get a job at.
Post edited by Arbitrageur on

Replies to: How tough is it to get a job at Citadel?

• IndianaGrad65IndianaGrad65 Registered User Posts: 1,172
    Depends on what position you want. I bet it's very achievable to be a janitor there. I am obviously exaggerating, but what is important is what you want to do there. Ops is (relatively) not too competitive. Their trading group is extremely competitive (they only take a handful of undergrads each year and undergrad or not there is a huge turnover ratio).
  • cbreezecbreeze Registered User Posts: 4,665 Senior Member
    Citadel is nicknamed Chicago's revolving door and with good reasons. I know someone who was offered a job there (and turned it down), they (the group who wanted him, not HR) approached him first. His present job, a hedge fund in NYC also solicited him first, he wasn't even looking to change jobs. My take is that they will approach whomever interested them, scooping up the best talents they could find. This is especially true for non entry level jobs and one reason that networking and personal performance counts a lot.

I am speaking on front office positions
This discussion has been closed.