Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Very Tough Decision...Vanderbilt vs Cornell?

13»

Replies to: Very Tough Decision...Vanderbilt vs Cornell?

• Mastodon97Mastodon97 Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2017
    @brantly That doesn't change anything for me, I already figured that was the case. I (unlike the left) don't get "triggered" by other people's beliefs. If I was to go to Cornell I'd just keep my head down, work hard, and try to make it into IB. I'm not interested in engaging with people who are gonna end up working at Starbucks.
  • CALSmomCALSmom Registered User Posts: 748 Member
    Bahahaha!! Good one! Sorry to hear that you've been discriminated and treated poorly because of your beliefs ☹️ It's sad that a minority is called a racist and bigot because you have different viewpoints...really sad.
    I also come from a poor immigrant but conservative America-loving family. My parents sacrificed everything to give their kids the opportunity to grow up in wonderful country and go to college, so I understand where you're coming from. Wishing you all the best and I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go.
  • brantlybrantly Registered User Posts: 3,755 Senior Member
    I'm not interested in engaging with people who are gonna end up working at Starbucks.
    Two things:
    1. You think only politically conservative people get professional jobs? Why would you think that? Plenty of rich people are liberal (see: Warren Buffet, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Tom Steyer).
    2. Anyway, why wouldn't you talk to someone who works at Starbucks? My mom always said I should judge a date by how he treats the server, the doorman, and the janitor.
  • morrismmmorrismm Registered User Posts: 3,563 Senior Member
    BTW, Ann Coulter graduated from Cornell.
  • CT1417CT1417 Registered User Posts: 4,337 Senior Member
    @morrismm ---Shhhh......
  • morrismmmorrismm Registered User Posts: 3,563 Senior Member
    CT1417 hahaha
This discussion has been closed.