Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
ghionusghionus Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
edited May 2009 in Iowa State University
Hi everybody,

I will finish my BS here in Italy next year and I want to move to US in order to take a MS in Aerospace Engineering.

Nationality: Italian (International)
Actually my GPA is 3.2.
GRE: on the simulation i scored 770Q

Would I qualify for Iowa State?

Help me please!

Matteo
Post edited by ghionus on

Replies to: Chances?

• mm99mm99 Registered User Posts: 275 Junior Member
    Well, they only thing I know is that you need a 550 (213 on the computer based test) on the TOEFL.

Good Luck!
  • Come_Sail_AwayCome_Sail_Away Registered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    Dude, your from Italy they'll take you.
    I'd probably agree with Come_Sail_Away, unless the Aerospace Engineering program is competitive.
  • ghionusghionus Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    I got more than 213..

Are you sure that my nationality status will help me to get in? Why?
    Thank you so much.
    Colleges like having diversity on campus and I think as long as your test scores are at least average, they will take you. Iowa State is a great engineering school but not nationally acclaimed as it should be so a lot of people get in who arent geniuses by any means.
    Iowa State engineering does get some very smart people since it attracks a different group of students. They will get engineering students that want to specialize in Aerospace or Agriculture, which are offered at fewer schools.
    From Iowa State's website: News Service: Iowa State University

"America's Best Graduate Schools" published online today by U.S. News & World Report magazine ranked Iowa State's Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering: 27th overall and 19th among public schools.
    Wow wow wow I am not saying that it is a bad school, I am just stating that ISU doesnt get as many applicants with a 4.0 GPA and a 35 on their ACT. i think it is a great school
  • jasper60103jasper60103 Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    wow, come sail away. You're really slammin our school. For what its worth, my son has a 4.0 GPA and scholar, but he still mixes well with his peers and willing to help them if he can.
    Anyway, I think the academic profile will vary widely depending upon area of study as mm99 stated.
    Im not slammin anything you are just interpreting it how you want o....
    It's is just because it is typed out. It's easy to only read one fragment of the conversation and interpret it out of context.
    Yea i understand, but I am going there next year so there is no reason to be slammin it. I am actually very excited
This discussion has been closed.