Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What might this mean?

AnninhawaiiAnninhawaii Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
My son applied EA to a top tier school. We completed FAFSA & CSS. Received email from FA office regarding an question about our financial aid documents. He hasn't heard from the school yet. Might it be a good sign? I can't imagine it's cost effective to review financial aid docs for students not considered for admission.

Replies to: What might this mean?

• ColoradomamaColoradomama Registered User Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    In general questions about documents, are just that, not an indicator of admission. If the school is not need blind, that also could be a reason. Having financial need actually eliminates some candidates at some schools. Look to see if the school offers "need blind" admissions.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 38,397 Super Moderator
    There are no tea leaves to be read. It's a lovely parlor game, but read nothing into anything until the decision release date.
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 29,970 Senior Member
    It's good to know, when applying, that ivies are need blind. FA and admissions are separate.
  • sherpasherpa Registered User Posts: 4,648 Senior Member
    It definitely isn't a bad sign.
  • Benji3025Benji3025 Registered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    As many others have said, I don't think it's a sign of anything whatsoever. I spent a month back-and-forth with the Swarthmore financial aid office last year getting everything in just to get a waitlist letter.
  • ohboy234ohboy234 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    I believe that financial aid is evaluate separately from applications, so it is neither a bad sign nor a good sign. It means the FA office had a questions about your documents.