right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Applying day before deadline Yale, Brandeis, Mount Holyoke

silverpurplesilverpurple 276 replies49 threads Member
At the slow rate my daughter is taking, she will likely be applying the day before the deadline for Yale, Brandeis and Mount Holyoke. She is really drawing out this process. Does it harm her chances of admission and merit (at Brandeis and Mount Holyoke) to be applying right at the close of regular decision deadline? Maybe if applying by the skin of her teeth is detrimental i could convince her to hurry it up.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Applying day before deadline Yale, Brandeis, Mount Holyoke

• lookingforwardlookingforward 35290 replies399 threads Senior Member
    Remember all the early January threads about missing the deadline by a few minutes? Or the freakouts because the portals don't immediately reflect receipt?

Then there was the log jam, a few years ago, that further delayed. Another year, there was a download problem.

Colleges know snafus happen. But when you've got a school like Yale on the list, you really should be ready to submit before the last day. You're ready or you're not. You understand what it takes and your match. Or not.

Maybe offer her this perspective.
    · Reply · Share
  • tdy123tdy123 1040 replies18 threads Senior Member
    As far as Yale goes, there is no impact on admissions or aid decisions related to submission timing of the application.

In terms of actually getting the application in before the deadline, I very strongly encouraged my son to aim to have his applications in 24 hours before the deadline to allow for fire, flood, blackouts, snow storms, hurricanes, crashed hard drives, server outages, etc.
    · Reply · Share
  • Coun2316Coun2316 114 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I am wondering the same thing with Brandeis. All my daughter has left to do is one 250 word essay and I don't know why she hasn't just done it.
    · Reply · Share
  • isicollegeisicollege 1 replies0 threads New Member
    A bit late- but I submitted Brandeis an hour before the deadline and I got in and attended!
    · Reply · Share
  • PotatoPiem8PotatoPiem8 10 replies0 threads New Member
    For most schools it doesnt matter when the application is submitted, the perspective she needs is this "these are great schools and it's important to take your time in order to present yourself the best way, however life happens and you should really send in your application at least 24 hours before the deadline. You don't want to miss out on your chance because the wi-fi went down or because their server crashed, it's better to go in with a good fight than to miss out over a dumb accident"
    · Reply · Share