right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

JMU Dingledine Bluestone Scholarship

la1719la1719 6 replies4 threads New Member
edited June 25 in James Madison University
Has anyone had some experience with the Dingledine Bluestone Scholarship at James Madison University? I haven't been able to find too much information about it, and I was wondering what they are looking for specifically in applicants and if anyone has ever been interviewed or gotten the scholarship. Thanks a ton!
edited June 25
4 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: JMU Dingledine Bluestone Scholarship

• polkajenpolkajen 7 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter applied in Fall 2019. She did not get an interview so I can't tell you what they are looking for but here are her stats for comparison purposes. SAT 1420, UW GPA 3.9, W GPA 4.1, Five AP classes with 4 and 5 scores on the AP tests, her extracurriculars are average and about 200 hours of community service.

She did not get any merit aid from JMU either.
    I hope that helps!

· Reply · Share
  • la1719la1719 6 replies4 threads New Member
    That's crazy! Did she get any merit aid from other schools?
    · Reply · Share
  • la1719la1719 6 replies4 threads New Member
  • polkajenpolkajen 7 replies0 threads New Member
    She was offered $3000 from VCU but nothing from JMU or William and Mary. She was waitlisted at UVA.
    · Reply · Share