Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Official Ask-A-Student Thread

13»

Replies to: Official Ask-A-Student Thread

• cutie1234cutie1234 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    If I apply to BME under ED and I am not admitted, will my application still be considered for the regular school? or
    do I have to reapply under RD? Please reply earliest as ED is just in two days.
  • 1203southview1203southview Registered User Posts: 464 Member
    You will be automatically be considered for the regular school rd.
    Thank you for coming forward, spending time and helping prospective students.
  • worldspiritworldspirit Registered User Posts: 223 Junior Member
    edited November 2014
    Also, I heard at a JHU session. if you apply ED for BME, and do not get into BME, but are accepted as a non-BME student, you may be able to back-out of the ED agreement. I would confirm this, but I recall this explanation at an admissions session. It may be on the website too.
    Good to know! so if no for BME ED, then they may consider my application for regular school ED with having option to back-out ED agreement if accepted. Thank you @worldspirit.
    Yes, that is my understanding as well. The ED contract was specifically for BME so they don't hold you to it if they are unable to offer you BME but they will automatically put you in consideration for non BME regular admission to the school.
  • manas1997manas1997 Registered User Posts: 597 Member
    do I apply to JHU as a school or for a specific school. If i have to apply to separate schools, where can I find the info about which high-school courses are required. I only have one foreign language credit, so idk if i should apply to an arts and science school or engineering(i applied to Cornell COE because of this).
    I believe the only major you need to declare early is Biomedical engineering, because it is impacted as it is the best in the country. For all other majors, you just apply to the school in general and you don't have to decide till end of sophomore year. You might check their website for required high school courses; most of the top schools require at least 2.
  • manas1997manas1997 Registered User Posts: 597 Member
    @1203southview i called them yesterday and they said there is no requirements for high school courses, and this info is not avail. on their website, i checked, however I did rush so if u find it, please send it to me.
  • nehc97nehc97 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    I sent in my ED application October 21st, and requested an alumni interview a few days ago.. I was wondering if I should change it to an on campus interview?? Is it too late for the on campus interview since the deadline for ED was two days ago? Do the two differ in the weight (which is know is minuscule) that they have on your admission or lack thereof? Does anybody have any advice on the interview process at Johns Hopkins? *btw I'm pretty borderline I believe
    I don't see any requirements listed on their website. I would believe what they tell you if you called them. Our high school has a 3 year foreign language requirement so it is a matter of making sure you meet your school's requirement.

@nehc97: I would call the office and ask them. I doubt it is too late for the interview; either alumni or campus interview. I don't think it makes a big difference either way.
  • NarniaRawrNarniaRawr Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2014
  • dannieblabladannieblabla Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'd applied for an interview in september and got my answer late october. Unfortunately it was on an email I no longer used. Recently I found my old email and replied to the alumni assigned to me but unfortunately it was too late as early decision was only a week away. It's a mistake made by my negligence.. is it possible this could hurt my chances?
  • YanksDolphinsYanksDolphins Registered User Posts: 1,068 Senior Member
    I doubt it (as an interviewer, if you ignored my request for an email, I'd just leave your evaluation blank-I wouldn't write anything negative).
13»
This discussion has been closed.