Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

***Official Johns Hopkins Class of 2021 ED Discussion Thread***

jkaz123jkaz123 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
edited December 2016 in Johns Hopkins University
Hello everybody,
Since we're only 10 days away from decision day, I was hoping we could use a thread to ask questions and ponder about our decisions. We should revive another discussion thread because hopefully I'm not the only one freaking out!

Replies to: ***Official Johns Hopkins Class of 2021 ED Discussion Thread***

• baribaribaribari Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    Okay... usually I'm a pretty low key gal, but yesterday I had a nightmare about not getting into JHU D:
    I blame a lack of sleep. I don't really understand why I suddenly became so anxious (maybe it's because I really don't want to go through the application process again for a different school lol ). It seems the closer we get to the 16th, the more fidgety I become. I just really feel the need to talk it all out. The wait is becoming unbearable.

Plus I kinda told all my friends that I applied ED to JHU so it's gonna be real awkward if I don't get in... lol

Hahaha okay I need a more positive subject. What's everyone's intended major?

(and I promise that I write better than I chat online ;) )
  • blue221blue221 Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    Hello! Why do you think the decision release date was moved to the 16th?
    Probably because they pushed the deadline back because of that hurricane? Idk just a guess.
  • jkaz123jkaz123 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    First choice of major is molecular and cellular bio!
    @jkaz123 Hey same! Molecular biology, and then maybe biophysics. Honestly I shouldn't even be thinking about this because I have to get in first lol
  • yogurt1234yogurt1234 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2016
    @baribari oh my gosh I had the exact same dream!!! That's so funny! I'm not ready for this to be honest and I freak out every time I think about it
    has anyone done an alumni interview? how was it?
  • Jack-etJack-et Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    Neuroscience/Public Health, I think!

I didn't know until after i applied that public health is the most common major at JHU (http://web.jhu.edu/registrar/reports/Reports_2015_2016/Major_Field_of_StudyArts_SciencesEngineeringUndergraduate_1st_majors_FL15.pdf), but it would make sense since it has Bloomberg.

I'm freaking out, too! 9 more days!
    I didn't do an alumni interview but I have an interview with a current student on campus when I visited- I think my interview went well though! It started out with the common, "tell me about yourself" and it flowed smoothly from there!
    ***had not have
    how do people feel about their supplements?
    I'm going for Molecular Biology too! (Maybe Biophysics as well... I can worry about that if I get in).

As for my supplement, I guess it was good? Felt like it was good enough to submit. I decided to dot it with a bunch of microscope puns like

"Attending Johns Hopkins will give me another lense to view the world through"

"After fiddling with my fine adjustment a bit, I concluded that Johns Hopkins in the right fit for me."

Stuff like that. I'm ad-libbing a bit because I don't have my essay on hand, but yeah.

I hope they like it.
  • jkaz123jkaz123 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    For my supplement, I thought it was good in the fact that it definitely showed how Hopkins was for me, but I feel I was a little too formal... Maybe I should've added more puns :P

Does anyone know if admission takes into account how popular a major is among the applicants? Like could someone be rejected/waitlisted because they already have a certain amount of students with that major? I'd imagine they would try to diversify the majors...
    I think that's only with the biomedical engineering students, since JHU students don't even pick their majors until like junior year, right?
  • JacobsartoriusJacobsartorius Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I didn't even know the overall acceptance rate dropped by around 5%
This discussion has been closed.