Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Would I even have a chance?

northshorekauinorthshorekaui Registered User Posts: 60 New Member
edited July 2006 in Johns Hopkins University
I had never considered applying here I thought it was too prestigious but, a teacher told me maybe I should consider it. I was just wondering what your thoughts were. I'll try and keep it short. I attend a CC not a four year university (mostly for financial reasons). I'm assuming that doesn't look too good already. I have about a 3.8 and will graduate through the Honors Scholar Program here. I have generic EC's volunteer service, PTK, and work part-time. I'm a resident of Florida and my HS transcripts are fantastic but they aren't awful. I was an average B student I put more focus on sports and social life (young and naive). I took time off after HS to travel and help support family financially after my younger brother was in a severe car crash (not sure if that matters) That's about it, I'm just wondering if I should consider it or just not bother. Thanks so much for taking the time and I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Mahalo

Replies to: Would I even have a chance?

This discussion has been closed.