Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

johns hopkins engineering?

Dat DudeDat Dude Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
edited July 2006 in Johns Hopkins University
how is JHU engineering compared to schools like UPenn or Columbia engineering?

I know biomedical engineering is like #1 in the world, but I'm talkin about engineering in general
Post edited by Dat Dude on

Replies to: johns hopkins engineering?

• AdmissionsDanielAdmissionsDaniel College Rep Posts: 2,788 Senior Member
    If you are looking for rankings or anything like that I have no idea where the Whiting School of Engineering ranks. I would suggest though that you make your decisions about schools but not concerning yourself with rankings but by actually researching the schools, the programs they offer, and how they match with what you are personally looking for.

Yes, the Whiting School is quite well-known for the Bioengineering and Applied Life Sciences program but there is a lot more than that. The research opportunities for undergraduates and the facilities available at the Homewood campus are unparalleled. Plus, with no core curriculum and the access to fantastic Arts & Sciences program you will have a lot of flexibility with your curriculum.

Review the school's website, and check out each Department's homepage to learn more:
    http://engineering.jhu.edu/

Also, maybe you want to visit for the Engineering Open House on October 28.
This discussion has been closed.