Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2007 Essay Questions?

2»

Replies to: 2007 Essay Questions?

• gianscolere1gianscolere1 - Posts: 976 Member
    AdmissionsDaniel, in a typical year, how many transfer applicants are there and how many get in?
  • AdmissionsDanielAdmissionsDaniel College Rep Posts: 2,788 Senior Member
    Nothing is typical any more it seems. We had a 23% increase in freshman applications this past year and a similar increase with transfer applications. Traditionally we would get about 400 transfer applications -- but this past year we received just under 700.

The number of transfer admits though will vary from year to year. It is not a standard formula, as it is based on space available, which can not be determined until we complete the freshman enrollment process. The simple statement is this, transfer admissions is highly competitive.
  • Tanya922Tanya922 Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    Admissions Daniel:

Thank you for your previous response... I have a follow-up question regarding my original post...

I recently had the opportunity to review the 2007 Johns Hopkins University application; per the General Information area of the application, it is noted that transfer applicants must complete the 2007 Common Application, in addition to the Johns Hopkins Common Application Supplement...

The JH Common Application Supplement notes transfer applicants are required to answer Essay Question 3, "Please explain in detail why you wish to transfer to Johns Hopkins University," however Essay Questions 1 and 2 (which you posted online earlier last week) state "freshman applicants only," contradicting your last response.

Can I respond to all three questions on the JH Common Application Supplement as a transfer student? Or is the Admissions Office solely interested in my response to Essay Question 3?

I apologize for the lengthy post! Again, thank you in advance for your assistance!

Tanya :)
  • AdmissionsDanielAdmissionsDaniel College Rep Posts: 2,788 Senior Member
    Tanya922 - I just posted on the new essay instructions here:
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=221180

As a transfer applicant, question #3 is what the transfer admissions committee is most concerned with.
  • Tanya922Tanya922 Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    Thank you! :)
2»
This discussion has been closed.