Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2007 Essay Questions?

Drummer2007Drummer2007 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited August 2006 in Johns Hopkins University
Hi. I wanted to know if the 2007 essay questions have been made yet. If so, could you tell us what they are?

Thank you!!!
Post edited by Drummer2007 on

Replies to: 2007 Essay Questions?

• AdmissionsDanielAdmissionsDaniel College Rep Posts: 2,788 Senior Member
    I will not be back in my office until the end of the week so I don't have a copy of the new application with me. When I get back, I'll be able to pass along the two essay prompts.
    OK, I am back in the office and have a copy of the 2007 application right in front of me. Here is the Required Essays section:
    1. Respond to the following, using whatever space and medium you like.
    If you had a full day with no commitments, no homework, no home responsibilities, and only the money in your pocket, what would you do? Where would you go? Whom would you take with you?

2. Write a brief essay in which you respond to the following question.
    By this point in your academic career you have taken a variety of courses, each with its own distinguishing characteristics. Which one has had the most influence on your interests and goals for the future and why?
  • cogdawg58cogdawg58 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    is there a separate question for admission to the school of engineering?
  • alyssieannalyssieann Registered User Posts: 382 Member
    whatever space or medium? so pictures, drawings, sculptures, CDs?
  • mrcapslockmrcapslock Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    wow, the essay questions are almost the same as last years.
  • Dirt McGirtDirt McGirt Registered User Posts: 394 Member
    I think those might be the same ones from 3-4 years ago. I'm pretty sure at least the first one is.
    cogdawg58 - no there is no separate application is you are interested in an engineering program since you do not apply to a specific major when you apply to JHU. (For BME applicants, it is recommended that you discuss your interest in BME studies in essay #2, but there is no separate essay required.)

alyssieann - when we say "whatever space or medium" we mean it!!! You can be as creative as you want. CDs, DVDs, videos, portfolios, scrapbooks, artwork, physical items, origami, slides, food - literally anything if it answers the question!
  • me.duhme.duh Registered User Posts: 2,018 Senior Member
    Are those the same essays that we answer if we use the Common App?

***Scratch that. I just read another thread.
    For those who want to know the answer to that question...here is the thread:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=215778
  • college89college89 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    when will we recieve the paper version of the JHU application in the mail?
  • tanmantanman Registered User Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Hmm... $10 out and "no commitments, no homework, no home responsibilities, and only the money in your pocket" in.

"You can be as creative as you want. CDs, DVDs ... slides, food" Haha.. I'm sure the people in the office appreciate the food that comes in with applications.
  • me.duhme.duh Registered User Posts: 2,018 Senior Member
    "You can be as creative as you want. CDs, DVDs ... slides, food" Haha.. I'm sure the people in the office appreciate the food that comes in with applications.

Absolutely. After it's been effectively squashed, melted, and molded.
    college89 - if you requested an application by completing our Web Inquiry mailing list request form (http://apply.jhu.edu/contact/webinquiry.html) then we will begin to mail applications at the end of July. We have over ten thousand to send out so expect to receive the application and viewbook some time in August.

tanman - we will have to chat about the new essay when you get back to campus. I have some opinions, and I am interested in hearing yours too.

And as for the food - the office is normally interested in what food is sent to us but rarely are the items worthwhile. I do though remember a cherry cheesecake from a couple of years ago which was really good. And then there was the Gingerbread House from this past year....aaaaahhhhh!
  • Tanya922Tanya922 Registered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    Admissions Daniel: Do the two essay questions listed above apply to transfer applicants as well? (If there are different questions for transfers, I would greatly appreciate it if you could post these questions online.)

In addition, is there any way possible to schedule an interview with an admissions representative as a transfer student?

Thanks in advance for your response. :)
    Tanya922, yes these are the same essay questions for transfer students. And unfortunately we do not offer interviews to transfer applicants.
This discussion has been closed.