right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

JHU Class of 2024 ED

sunquebecsunquebec 64 replies22 threads Junior Member
Hey guys, thought we would jump in and create this thread for hopeful JHU ED applicants!
39 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: JHU Class of 2024 ED

• yeehawyeeyeehawyee 1 replies0 threads New Member
    hey! i'm a potential ed applicant for jhu from texas
    · Reply · Share
  • platypusomeletteplatypusomelette 40 replies15 threads Junior Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm really scared T____T I have no good ideas for my supplement yet. What else is everyone applying to?
    edited September 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • sunquebecsunquebec 64 replies22 threads Junior Member
    My D17 is applying ED.
    There doesn't seem to be any directions on the art supplement and how to submit it. I don't see directions on their website. Any tip is appreciated.
    · Reply · Share
  • Zdawg10101Zdawg10101 22 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Hi from Virginia! I submitted my ED application tonight! It feels great to be done!
    · Reply · Share
    My D17 submitted as well. Good luck you guys!
    · Reply · Share
  • GrownFreshApplesGrownFreshApples 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Why do you guys think there are so few Johns Hopkins ED applications (2068 applicants vs. 4,058 Northwestern, 4,090 Duke, 3,502 Brown)?
    · Reply · Share
    Why do you guys think there are so few Johns Hopkins ED applications (2068 applicants vs. 4,058 Northwestern, 4,090 Duke, 3,502 Brown)?

Where do you get these numbers?
    · Reply · Share
  • Kayak24Kayak24 507 replies14 threads Member
    edited November 2019
    @GrownFreshApples , if JHU has fewer ED applicants my guess would be that it draws mostly premed and STEM students, and in that respect its applicants are somewhat self-selected. Of their incoming 1200-1300 enrolled freshmen students last year, something like 900 were premed. Kids with an interest in Humanities will likely take their ED shot elsewhere.

That is not to say that they *should* take their ED shot elsewhere. You can get an excellent education at JHU in a range of majors, but the school has definitely earned a (well-deserved) reputation in the sciences.
    edited November 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • stevensPRstevensPR 229 replies1 threads Junior Member

Very simple answer: JHU doesn't spam marketing materials like many of other schools out there: https://www.wsj.com/articles/for-sale-sat-takers-names-colleges-buy-student-data-and-boost-exclusivity-11572976621

If it wanted, it could easily juice application numbers. I'm glad it doesn't.
    · Reply · Share
    How many ED applicant are there this year?
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 30015 replies59 threads Senior Member
    JHU does not have the name recognition in certain areas as it does in premed, and some STEM. The school does attract a lot of the best students, so many of them use their early shot at the HPYSMC crowd.
    · Reply · Share
  • stevensPRstevensPR 229 replies1 threads Junior Member
    JHU does not have the name recognition in certain areas as it does in premed, and some STEM. The school does attract a lot of the best students, so many of them use their early shot at the HPYSMC crowd.

Strange that you still peruse this forum
    · Reply · Share
  • WardenEliteWardenElite 53 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited November 2019
    hi
    edited November 2019
    · Reply · Share
    Very quiet here.
    Now very curious how many ED applicants this year, as I known EDs for Penn drop 15 percent.
    · Reply · Share
  • whataboutcollegewhataboutcollege 708 replies2 threads Member
    I have a question about JHU's test score policy. Does below mean a student should send and/or report both ACT and SAT to JHU if both are taken? TIA!
    Johns Hopkins will review self-reported or official SAT or ACT scores from applicants who attend U.S. high schools. These students will not be required to submit official score reports unless and until they are admitted and choose to enroll. You are able to self-report test scores through the Coalition for College application or Common Application. Please report scores from all tests you have taken exactly as you receive them, and admitted students will need to submit official testing from all tests taken in order to complete their enrollment. Students who will graduate from a high school outside the U.S. will be required to submit an official score report at the time of application.
    · Reply · Share
  • matt2024matt2024 93 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @whataboutcollege

It is "either or". I would send both if they are both equally good and if not I would send the one that would put me at the highest percentile among test takers. What they mean by "Please report scores from all tests you have taken exactly as you receive them is that if you took SAT several times, report them accordingly but across SAT and ACT you need only to submit one. Hope that helps.
    · Reply · Share
    I have a question about JHU's test score policy. Does below mean a student should send and/or report both ACT and SAT to JHU if both are taken? TIA!
    Johns Hopkins will review self-reported or official SAT or ACT scores from applicants who attend U.S. high schools. These students will not be required to submit official score reports unless and until they are admitted and choose to enroll. You are able to self-report test scores through the Coalition for College application or Common Application. Please report scores from all tests you have taken exactly as you receive them, and admitted students will need to submit official testing from all tests taken in order to complete their enrollment. Students who will graduate from a high school outside the U.S. will be required to submit an official score report at the time of application.

Yes, it seems required admitted students will submit official testing from all tests taken in order to complete their enrollment.
    · Reply · Share
    Did anybody have an interview ever?
    · Reply · Share
  • AesaCalypsoAesaCalypso 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Just wanted to let you guys know that there’s a Snapchat group for JHU ED applicants, you're all welcome to join. Either reply here with your snap or message me on reddit at u/Singing-Words for more privacy.
    · Reply · Share
  • thatpremedkidthatpremedkid 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Who is ready to receive their decision letter next week?
    · Reply · Share