Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Oklahoma School of Journalism vs. Mizzou School of Journalism

HelloImChelseaHelloImChelsea Registered User Posts: 801 Member
edited November 2012 in Journalism Major
Hi guys!

I would like to obtain a degree in international journalism and become proficient in Arabic. I'm currently looking into Mizzou and OU. I'm from Missouri, so I would have to pay out-of-state tuition if I chose OU.

I know that Mizzou has an excellent journalism program, but OU's international program is superior. OU has a much more diverse range of international studies courses and more Arabic courses than I could take in eight semesters. Mizzou only offers two.

If I went to OU, I would double major in international studies and journalism. At Mizzou, I would major in international journalism.

I suppose that it will come down to the best financial aid package.

Does anyone have opinions or advice?

Thanks!
Post edited by HelloImChelsea on

Replies to: University of Oklahoma School of Journalism vs. Mizzou School of Journalism

• CE527MCE527M Registered User Posts: 4,989 Senior Member
    I haven't heard anything about OU as far as journalism, but I do know that Mizzou's program is very good, and in-state tuition is good as far as $$$. But sometimes OOS can be cheaper depending on financial aid given. But I really don't know anything about financial aid for either of those two schools.
  • HelloImChelseaHelloImChelsea Registered User Posts: 801 Member
    I also realized that you don't have to get a journalism degree to be a journalist. I would like to major in International Studies and minor in finance. Missouri State is looking like the best option... Besides OU. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.