right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Learn from Amy Nelson from International Scholarship and Tuition Services and Denise Trusty from Morehead State how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes. Join us tomorrow at 5pm ET. Register and ask your question NOW.

Emerson, ASU, Mizzou?

kat456kat456 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited December 2019 in Journalism Major
Need advice, ideally from students/alumni of Emerson, ASU, and Mizzou. Tell me about your honest experiences with these schools and their journalism programs! Pros/cons, favorites, least favorites, anything will help!

I am pursuing an undergraduate degree in journalism/mass communications. I've recently been accepted to Emerson College, Arizona State University, and the University of Missouri (yay!) -- all great journalism schools with nationally recognized programs. I'm not too picky about where I will go, I like the idea of studying in a city or a traditional campus.

Let me know your thoughts below! Thanks a bunch.
edited December 2019
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Emerson, ASU, Mizzou?

• someperson10someperson10 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I’ve heard great things about Emerson
    · Reply · Share
  • sunshuttlesunshuttle 65 replies3 threads Junior Member
    What is your ethnicity? Asking for a reason. Some non-whites find living in central MO an issue at Mizzou. The people at the university and town are great, but some of the surrounding areas have some quite closed-minded people. Most of the people are from KC, STL and are therefore open-minded and diverse like those cities, but SOME (not all by any standard) of the more rural student base are not the greatest.
    · Reply · Share
  • Dancer14Dancer14 154 replies27 threads Junior Member
    I have a friend going to ASU for journalism and so far, she's loved all of her professors and classes.
    · Reply · Share