Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Maintenance will occur on the site beginning at 10:00 am PT tomorrow morning. While it is very unlikely, this may result in intermittent down time. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

patent law with a B.A?

weirdoweirdo Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
edited December 2005 in Law School
do you really need a B.S in science or engineering to go into patent law? because I'm interested in human biology which is a B.A. at my school.... this is a major that many of the "premeds" also do. Do you think this is a good major to go into if I am interested in law?
Post edited by weirdo on

Replies to: patent law with a B.A?

• konokono Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    I think that you are ok, but go to a patent bar review site to get the link to the uspto for what they accept. I think that the requirement is based on major and not degree.

Remember, patent law has two parts. The first part is where you work in patent prosecution (which requires the patent bar that you are thinking of) and this is the process of taking new ideas and getting patents. The second area of patent is patent litigation (that you do not need the patent bar for) and this is federal court litigation over infringement.
This discussion has been closed.